Skip to main content

Cambodia

Ok here's a quick post to say that we made it to Cambodia without losing our passports for more than half an hour. Pretty good if you ask me. Will give you a blow by blow account of the crossing (its not that interesting) when we have a better internets.

All I can say so far is it's rather smelly and grotty. Like eggs. And poo. Eggy poo.

Anyway!! we have a mediocre hotel room for the night but found a better spot on the lake. Room will probably be smaller, but for a third of the price and an amazing deck hanging over a freaking cool lake I'm totally moving. Princess Paul doesn't want to pay less than $15 for a room, even if it's mouldy. It has a great unmouldy lobby but hey - not good enough!

(Paul here: Bec hasn't actually seen the rooms at her dream hotel. If they turn out to be underwater, it's not my fault.)

k bye!
Bec (and her royal highness)
Phnom Penh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Live!

So we successfully navigated our way around three airports and made it to our guesthouse in Saigon. It's down a small alley which is frequented by people on bikes singing about what they have to sell. Water bread fruit etc. Not far from a park where heaps of kids play a mutated form of hackey sack involving springs and feathers. I know I've seen this doo-hicky somewhere else either Nepal or Melbourne . . . It is hot hot hot and who would have thought? My fingers are sticking to the keys. The rain we heard so much about has come and we might need to buy an umbrella or maybe a garbage bag. Our room is nice and there IS room to swing a cat, so we're happy. Navigtion is a bit wierd, but we're only new so we might catch on. Inter-district travel is our next hurdle. Hot and Sticky, Bec, Saigon

Christmas Eve

So far it's business as usual in Sihanoukville on this hot hot hot Christmas eve. People working on the beach keep updating us on the proximity of Christmas day - without them I think it would have slipped our attention maybe. There's also the odd scrap of tinsel hanging off some trees. In honour of my mother I have decided to force Paul into a Christmas day lunch at Mick and Craig's - an awesome restaurant run by a couple of Australians (we think). For fifteen dolla we receive fresh tomato and basil soup, stuffed baked eggplant with parmasan cheese, roasted potato, pumpkin, beets, sweet potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and apple crumble for dessert. If I can't eat it all I will put the leftover's in my shoe or something because I love roast veggies so much. I would also like to take the opportunity to blow the whistle on Paul The Traitor (please refer to him as such from now on) who keeps ordering meaty dishes full of meat. I have sampled said meat to see if it i...