Skip to main content

Tena Bungalows, Don Det


My second sale for the trip! Earning me a profit of $10.70, the kind and wise purchaser of this tee paid for four night accommodation on the tranquil island of Don Det, one of the 4000 Islands in the very south of Laos.

Tena/Tana/Thana Bungalows (the signs were all different)
Don Det, 4000 Islands, Laos
20,000 kip (US$2.50) per night

Includes:

Private balcony with two and a half hammocks.


A window, with glass!!! This is rare on Don Det, Ijust want to point this out. If you're lucky enough to get a window, it's usually solid wood, for airing, not lighting, purposes. But we got glass! At no extra cost!

An on-property spa complex.


An electric light bulb (also rare). Electricity is availaable between 6pm and 10pm.


A mosquitio net (only slgihtly dusty). Let's also take the opportunity the look at that glass window again! Also note the amount of natural light! We stayed in one other bungalow with a wooden window, no light and solid wood walls. Bring a torch, day or night.

No top sheet (byo) but you do get a lovely blanket. This is just enough to keep you thinking "Why am I so bloody cold" coherently. Wear clothes


Full bar and restaurant overlooking the mighty Mekong.


Tropical garden setting.


Only a minute's stroll from the busy city centre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Live!

So we successfully navigated our way around three airports and made it to our guesthouse in Saigon. It's down a small alley which is frequented by people on bikes singing about what they have to sell. Water bread fruit etc. Not far from a park where heaps of kids play a mutated form of hackey sack involving springs and feathers. I know I've seen this doo-hicky somewhere else either Nepal or Melbourne . . . It is hot hot hot and who would have thought? My fingers are sticking to the keys. The rain we heard so much about has come and we might need to buy an umbrella or maybe a garbage bag. Our room is nice and there IS room to swing a cat, so we're happy. Navigtion is a bit wierd, but we're only new so we might catch on. Inter-district travel is our next hurdle. Hot and Sticky, Bec, Saigon

Christmas Eve

So far it's business as usual in Sihanoukville on this hot hot hot Christmas eve. People working on the beach keep updating us on the proximity of Christmas day - without them I think it would have slipped our attention maybe. There's also the odd scrap of tinsel hanging off some trees. In honour of my mother I have decided to force Paul into a Christmas day lunch at Mick and Craig's - an awesome restaurant run by a couple of Australians (we think). For fifteen dolla we receive fresh tomato and basil soup, stuffed baked eggplant with parmasan cheese, roasted potato, pumpkin, beets, sweet potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and apple crumble for dessert. If I can't eat it all I will put the leftover's in my shoe or something because I love roast veggies so much. I would also like to take the opportunity to blow the whistle on Paul The Traitor (please refer to him as such from now on) who keeps ordering meaty dishes full of meat. I have sampled said meat to see if it i...