Skip to main content

London

Sorry about the 'speechless' post the other day!
I was going to write something about my flight but i pressed enter by accident and couldn't be bothered fixing the mistake.
but anyhoo, I am here in the swanky suburb of chelsea,london. I have been most cordially welcomed into the hotel of deares jess who has given me a room for free, I have saved quite alot of money so thankyou Jess, you are the best!
The First day in london was ok, though i was fairly buggered, the next day it rained a little when we went exploring the city and the three days after that were lovely and warm, Jamima and I had a great time chatting to randoms and seeing the sights.
The last few days have been rainy though it kinda feels like the real british experience walking in the rain.
London is fairly expensive though you don't have to spend all that much (besides public transport...OUCH!) if you don't want to. Tonight we made a massive delicious and healthy meal for at least 6 people for £3.50 (not each....for the whole lot) not too bad!
There are heaps of things to do in London, lovely markets, charity shops, over-priced vintage shops actually shitloads of over-priced vintage shops...cool to look through, though i don't want to be spending the equivalent of $50 on a pair of second(sweatytineariddencornyfungus)hand shoes, though i will spend £3 on some awesome leather boots i got today!!
Barcelona on tuesday that means tomorrow will be jamima and my last full day in London, bank holiday...boo! everything is closed.

I miss asia!...cheap cheap

anyway, bye for now.

Claire London

Comments

chalk said…
My Claire Bear! Update me on the Ben side of things. I'm missing out here!

Popular posts from this blog

We Live!

So we successfully navigated our way around three airports and made it to our guesthouse in Saigon. It's down a small alley which is frequented by people on bikes singing about what they have to sell. Water bread fruit etc. Not far from a park where heaps of kids play a mutated form of hackey sack involving springs and feathers. I know I've seen this doo-hicky somewhere else either Nepal or Melbourne . . . It is hot hot hot and who would have thought? My fingers are sticking to the keys. The rain we heard so much about has come and we might need to buy an umbrella or maybe a garbage bag. Our room is nice and there IS room to swing a cat, so we're happy. Navigtion is a bit wierd, but we're only new so we might catch on. Inter-district travel is our next hurdle. Hot and Sticky, Bec, Saigon

Christmas Eve

So far it's business as usual in Sihanoukville on this hot hot hot Christmas eve. People working on the beach keep updating us on the proximity of Christmas day - without them I think it would have slipped our attention maybe. There's also the odd scrap of tinsel hanging off some trees. In honour of my mother I have decided to force Paul into a Christmas day lunch at Mick and Craig's - an awesome restaurant run by a couple of Australians (we think). For fifteen dolla we receive fresh tomato and basil soup, stuffed baked eggplant with parmasan cheese, roasted potato, pumpkin, beets, sweet potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and apple crumble for dessert. If I can't eat it all I will put the leftover's in my shoe or something because I love roast veggies so much. I would also like to take the opportunity to blow the whistle on Paul The Traitor (please refer to him as such from now on) who keeps ordering meaty dishes full of meat. I have sampled said meat to see if it i...