Skip to main content

Next Stop Vientiane

Our original plan was to thoroughly explore every stop on our journey north, but we accidentally spent over a week on the paradisical island of Don Det. Plan B is to spend 20 hours travelling and skip everything between Don Det and the capital. It goes like this: 200,000 kip ($25 US), short boat ride, 2 hour bus ride to Pakse, 4-5 hour roam around Pakse town, 10 hour sleeper bus to Vientiane. Our more hardcore friends then caught the next bus to Vang Vieng (4 more hours) but we're going to give it a few days in the capital first.

We've never done a sleeper bus before but expect it to be thoroughly awful. Yay!

Here are some photos to keep you busy.

This is a 30 second exposure from the middle of a rice field on Don Det. It looks much more impressive on my camera than on this monitor.

This is Paul on the bike he's been renting for $1 a day.


And this is the view from our little bungalow's little balcony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more photos

If anyone wants me to buy them some movies, please list what you would like and I'll see if I can find it. If I can't find it, then you're out of luck. Dad, if you're reading this - I lost the list of movies you already gave me, could you remind me what you wanted? I'm uploading a movie from Claire's camera. I don't know what it is because this computer doesn't have quicktime so I can't preview it. Anyway. It probably contains material not suitable to children, so discretion is advised. Who knows what it might be? Our hotel room in the Phu Quy on Vimeo - Paul PS. Here are some random photos: