Skip to main content

Laos!

Hey all,
I arrived in laos yesterday and it is lovely!
After a 22 hour bus ride we arrived in Vienine. The Laos countryside is lovely, my first impression is that it is very similar to melbournes bushland near standrews, it felt a little like home.
The further we drove the more stunning the landscape became, it looks a little hike ha long bay on land with rocky cliffs and mountains.
We spent one night in the capital and had a great night, we ate dinner by the river (a little dried up but nice anyway) we had about 6 beer lao longnecks each and partied the night away. The next day we mucked around a little then caught the 6pm bus to veng vieng The tubing capital of the world.
We are staying in these cute little bungalows for $5 each ($2.50 each) similar to the ones in koh Chang but more clean and fancy. We have gathered quite a posse, there are 2 canadian girls with us a british girl, dutch guy and me.
Today we went tuing, the ain attraction of vang vieng. it was so much fun! floating down the river in a truck tyre with a beer (or in my case a gin and tonic) stopping of at bamboo bars alongside the river. The other guys had a swing into the water from giant swings but i was too chicken too and just floated around.
Tonight we ate indian, i am so full!
well tmorrow i might checkout the beautiful Loas scenery by bicycle

bye for now!

Claire Vang Vieng, laos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

more photos

If anyone wants me to buy them some movies, please list what you would like and I'll see if I can find it. If I can't find it, then you're out of luck. Dad, if you're reading this - I lost the list of movies you already gave me, could you remind me what you wanted? I'm uploading a movie from Claire's camera. I don't know what it is because this computer doesn't have quicktime so I can't preview it. Anyway. It probably contains material not suitable to children, so discretion is advised. Who knows what it might be? Our hotel room in the Phu Quy on Vimeo - Paul PS. Here are some random photos: